MFT Candidate Security Agreement
Prior to your test administration you will be required to accept the terms of this security agreement (the “Security Agreement”).
By taking the Association of Marital and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (the “AMFTRB”) Marital and Family Therapy NATIONAL Examination (the “Examination”) I hereby acknowledge that
I have read, understand, accept and agree to the terms of this Security Agreement set out as follows:
- The Examination and the items contained thereon are the property of the AMFTRB.
- The Examination and the items contained thereon are copyrighted by AMFTRB and are protected by copyright law.
- The Examination and the items contained thereon constitute valuable trade secrets belonging to the AMFTRB.
- No part of the Examination may be copied or reproduced in whole or in part by any means whatsoever, including memorization, note-taking, electronic transcription or electronic transmission.
- Reproducing, disseminating, or otherwise sharing questions or portions of questions from the Examination, through any medium including verbal communications, is strictly prohibited. For example, sharing items or portions of items at an examination preparation workshop, in a study group or on an Internet user group is prohibited.
- I agree to hold in confidence and not to disclose, directly or indirectly, any information relating to the items contained on the Examination.
- The unauthorized disclosure of the Examination and the items contained thereon will result in irreparable injury to the AMFTRB.
- The theft or attempted theft of the Examination may subject me to civil and criminal penalties.
- Accessing any electronic device, such as cell phones, calulators or notepads, at any time during an administration is strictly prohibited. All electronic devices shall be stored in accordance with testing center policies. Accessing an electronic device at any time during an administration will result in invalidation of the results of your Examination and the incident will be reported to your jurisdiction.
- My participation in any irregularity occurring during an administration, such as giving or obtaining unauthorized information or aid, as evidenced by observation or subsequent statistical analysis, may result in termination of the session, invalidation of the results of the Examination or other appropriate action. Examples of irregularities include: the taking or use of notes; failure to comply with the test center’s security procedures; failure to comply with the instructions of test center’s personnel; or attempting to communicate in any way with fellow examinees.
- In applying for and taking the Examination, certain identifying data will be assigned to me. This data will be used to identify me as an individual candidate, as well as to identify the licensing body to which I have applied for licensure. The data will not be used for any other purpose. I agree that I shall keep the identifying data assigned to me confidential; not share the data with any third party; not make the data public; and not make use of identifying data that has been assigned to another candidate.
- I agree that my failure to abide by the terms set forth in this Security Agreement may result in my Examination scores being cancelled and my being prohibited from taking or retaking the Examination. Any breach of this Security Agreement or of the AMFTRB’s testing policies will be reported to the licensure body to which I applied for licensure. Such licensure body may take additional disciplinary action.
- I recognize that breach of this Security Agreement may result in my liability for damages caused to AMFTRB and to legal fees incurred by AMFTRB in preserving its rights hereunder.
Revised 05 April 2022